Thursday, August 1, 2013

Altered Balsa Gift Box

Hello there!!

We welcome our newest Design Team Members...

Thank you to our past DT for all the wonderful creations they made for Zeus and Zoe.

Our first Design Team Member to show you their project this month is

Letty Mercado





Hello :) my name is Leticia Mercado and I have been married for almost 10 years in September to my Husband Enrique and we have 3 kiddos that God has blessed us with my oldest is 9, than I have a 8 year old and my youngest who is 5. My family is my inspiration  to crafting, I love to create layouts to display our most memorable time together, I also enjoy to alter just about everything I can get in my hands and proudly display them in my home. I Love to make cards for Family and Friends during the holidays and birthdays and for every special occasion, I also love to work with fabric, it is so much fun to make flowers and to alter boxes and include fabric into my projects. I hope you can find inspiration in my work and enjoy it as well, for me it is such an honor to be part of this Design Team and I am sure I will have so much fun along side every one on the sign team. Thank you for stopping by and for your loving support !


 I am so happy to be here and be a part of this amazing, crazy, talented Design Team! It was so much fun to play with all the wonderful goodies and create my first DT project for you all. Here is a picture for you all to see all the materials you will need to create this Beautiful balsa gift box.


Lindystampgang Starburst Color Shot (Golden Lump O' Coal), Balsa Box, Vintage Music Sheets (2), Mod Podge, Vintage Trim, Make-Up Sponge, Manor House Burlap Rose ( Prior Rose-Vanilla), Vintage Photo Distressing Ink, and a Vintage Pendant or Earing.



I adhered the Vintage Music Sheets with mod podge all around the box and set it aside to dry, once dry I distressed the edges with Vintage photo distressing ink, than with a make up sponge dipped in the starburst color shot, I softly painted over the box.




I adhered the vintage trim on top of the box with glossy accents and also the metal swirl and the burlap flower with the pendant in the center, if you do use glossy accents to adhere your embellishment make sure you add a little dab of hot glue to hold your embellishments in place while the glossy accents dries. I also added tiny metal corners to the front and back of the box that I cut from a metal embellishment to tie everything together.

I love how simple and yet Beautiful this box came out! Hope you all have enjoyed this tutorial and Thank you for stopping by :)

Hugs, Leticia M

3 comments:

Norma Gomez said...

Hi Leticia! Your box is gorgeous, love it!!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Gorgeous box! Really lovely!

Patricia said...

Well done on your first post Leticia...and also the tip of the hot glue...so clever!