Monday, April 15, 2013

April challenge: For the love of textures, gold and all things pretty and vintage


Hello there! It's Yvonne here to show you my inspiration for April's challenge. This 8x8 mixed media canvas features a couple of my current obsessions - textures created by paint, wrapping tissue and mediums, the colour gold and all things pretty and vintage.:)


The base was created with scrunched up wrapping tissue, then painted with various acrylic paint colours and gesso. For a shimmering finish, I added PearlEx in various shades of gold. I even took out my typewriter to type on my postcard [cut out from patterned paper in the Zeus and Zoe kit]. I tore some gold washi tape for added texture on the edges of the postcard. And added a pretty vintage button.


I must admit I went a little crazy with the clustering of buttons, charms and little trinkets here. But they are just soooooooo pretty right? Get yours at the Zeus and Zoe store. They add that special "wow" factor to your projects.

Won't you come play along with April's challenge?

8 comments:

Norma Gomez said...

Gorgeous canvas Yvonne! I love all of the rich texture in the background and I think clusters of buttons are just perfect, beautiful work!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Awesome Yvonne.....love that texture and all the buttons, plus the gorgeous colouring! Love it!

Riikka Kovasin said...

So gorgeous! Love all the textures and the cluster of buttons!

Sandie said...

This is amazing Yvonne, so much glorious detail in texture, colour and I love the way you used the buttons!!

Dana Tatar said...

I love all the texture and color you added to this canvas! Awesome job with all the buttons!

Unknown said...

Yvonne....
I love the texture of your background. Finally get to see your pretty face and pretty eyes hiding behind those sunglasses...Incredible job! Thanks Yvonne!

RĂ´ Philippsen said...

Fantastic take Yvonne! The texture on the canvas is amazing and the colors are gorgeous.TFS.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a gorgeous canvas with amazing texture and color with the fab photo of you!! Love how you showcased the fabulous Zeus and Zoe buttons!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/