Hi. Gayle here again to share a page made for our February Challenge which is all about LOVE. You can never have enough of that, hey!
Create a page based on something or someone you love, and make sure the "word" LOVE is obvious on your page. The rules on how to play are included at the end of this post.
My page is based on the enduring love my parents had for each other. The photograph is of the bundle of "love letters" that my mother received from my father during the Second World War when he was based in England as an airman in the Royal Australian Air Force.
Two and a half years before the war ended the letters suddenly stopped. My mother was told my father was "missing in action, presumed dead".
I can't imagine the intense sorrow and anguish my mother must have gone through, but she never gave up hope that he may still be alive.
When the war ended my father was found alive, and returned home to be reunited with mum. He had spent two and a half years in Rangoon Prison after his plane had been shot down and landed in the jungle in Burma where he was captured.
He had been a prisoner of war for two and a half years but neither he , nor my mother gave up hope and always believed they would be together again.
This page has been created using papers, flowers, buttons and doilies that came in my Zeus and Zoe kit available from Marivic's Etsy Shop.
The prize up for grabs is a pretty Kaisercraft paper pad, a Martha Stewart punch, some blooms, and some Distress Stain.
This is the prize for our 'randomly drawn' winner.
Here are the rules:
1. Projects must be linked up to our linky tool in the side bar, using the URL of the ACTUAL POST, not your entire blog.
2. You may submit as many entries as you would like and combine your entry with up to 2 other challenges.
3. Post this challenge to your blog and mention, in your post, that you are playing along at Zeus and Zoe TOGETHER with a link back to our Zeus and Zoe blog.
4. All entries must be received by MIDNIGHT EST on the 28th. February
5. Entries to be submitted via the linky tool at the top of the sidebar ONLY, not by email and not by linking up in the comments section please.
Information about our challenges:
1. Zeus and Zoe Challenges are open to anyone, anywhere in the world.
2. Our DT do their best to comment on all entries, you can make their job easier by turning off your word verification.
3. Challenges are held monthly and each month TWO winners are chosen. One winner is chosen by our DT and the other is chosen by random draw.
4. Challenge winners will always be announced within a week of the challenge closing and winners are then required to contact Marivic.
5. Prizes not claimed within two weeks will be forfeited.
6. The Merit winner will have an image of their project featured in the winners post, together with a link back to the homepage of their blog.
7. Winners will be awarded a Winner's Badge to post on their blog...full bragging rights included!
We can't wait to see your entries for this challenge!
Thank you for your visit!